San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Rio Grande Valley of Eastern Hudspeth County
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 6:09 AM MDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Thursday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* southwest and south central New Mexico and far West Texas.
Included are Hidalgo... Grant... Sierra... Luna... Dona Ana... and
Otero counties in New Mexico. In Texas... El Paso and Hudspeth
counties are included. Of special concern will be western Sierra
and eastern Grant counties with excessive runoff from the Black
Range and the mountains of the Gila.
* Through Thursday evening
* scattered showers and thunderstorms today with moderate to heavy
rain. An area-wide increase in rain coverage tonight through
Thursday as the remnants of Odile move across from the west.
* Normally dry arroyos... streams... and river could be quickly
filled with fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water
crossings will likely become impassable. Several rivers will
likely reach bankfull and rise above flood stage. Flooding of
homes and businesses in low lying and flood prone areas will
be possible. Some flooding could become life threatening.
People living in flood prone areas should be prepared to take
action if rising water is seen.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Minnesota - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement