San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, West Slopes Sacramento Mountains Below 7500 Feet
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:55 AM MDT on July 31, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on August 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from 8 am MDT this morning
through Saturday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of nm... including the following areas... central
Tularosa basin... east slopes Sacramento Mountains below 7500
feet... eastern Black Range foothills... northern Dona Ana
County... Otero Mesa... Sacramento Mountains above 7500 feet...
Sierra County lakes... southern Gila foothills/Mimbres valley...
southern Gila Highlands/Black Range... southern Tularosa basin
and west slopes Sacramento Mountains below 7500 feet.
* Saturated soil conditions from previous rains combined with
expected heavy rainfall over the next 3 days will generate
excessive rain runoff with a potential for flash flooding
along drainages... small streams... arroyos and low lying areas.
* Widespread areas of rainfall of 1 to 3 inches... with a few
areas possibly totaling 4-5 inches... through Saturday night.
* Normally dry arroyos and streams could be quickly filled with
fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water crossing
roadways could become impassable. Flooding of poorly drained
streets and intersections is possible for urban areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch, Flood Advisory
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report