San Francisco Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Lowlands of the Bootheel
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 5:58 PM MDT on September 18, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until midnight MDT
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of nm and TX... including the following areas... in
nm... central Tularosa basin... eastern Black Range foothills...
lowlands of the bootheel... northern Dona Ana County... Sierra
County lakes... southern Dona Ana County/Mesilla Valley...
southern Gila foothills/Mimbres valley... southern Gila
Highlands/Black Range... southern Tularosa basin... southwest
desert/lower Gila River valley... southwest desert/Mimbres
basin... uplands of the bootheel and upper Gila River valley.
In TX... eastern/central El Paso County... northern Hudspeth
Highlands/Hueco Mountains... Rio Grande Valley of eastern El
Paso/western Hudspeth counties... Rio Grande Valley of eastern
Hudspeth County... Salt Basin... southern Hudspeth Highlands and
western El Paso County.
* Until midnight MDT tonight
* scattered showers and thunderstorms today with moderate to heavy
rain at times as the remnants of Odile move across the area .
* Normally dry arroyos... streams... and river could be quickly
filled with fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water
crossings will likely become impassable. Flooding of homes and
businesses in low lying and flood prone areas will be possible.
Some flooding could become life threatening. People living in
flood prone areas should be prepared to take action if rising
water is seen.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report